Compensation: $42,120.00 - $71,200.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Day Porter is the face of Continuum Services to respective clients, tenants and the public. This position is responsible for maintaining a high quality, polished and neat appearance throughout all restrooms and common areas. Concurrently, the Day Porter role acts as a customer service representative therefore must always represent the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner. It is essential that the Day Porter cheerfully greet, assist, and guide visitors, clients and tenants within the building while maintaining a polite and professional attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily coordination and communications with tenants, customers and building occupants
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Coordination and communications with Engineering / Facility Services staff as necessary
- Respond to, prioritize and complete assigned work orders via the Workspeed- work order tracking system
- Clean all building entranceway glass
- Empty trash throughout common areas and tenant spaces as may be required during the day
- Check/maintain all restroom hardware for proper operation and clean toilets as necessary
- Dust all restroom surfaces, including partitions and furniture as required. Wipe excess water off of vanities, empty trash and restock paper supplies throughout restrooms
- Clean common area wall finishes. Clean/polish all wood, metal and glass finishes
- Vacuum and mop all restroom, lobby and common area floors as necessary
- Pick up trash throughout exterior grounds, sweep building entrance-ways and empty ash/trash receptacles as necessary
- Assist in snow removal services at building entryway as necessary
- Assume additional duties as delegated by Management
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, contractors, and the general public in a positive and professional manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Should have a current valid driver license with good driving record and reliable transportation
- Must have knowledge of safety protocols related to commercial buildings
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software such as 360 Facility (Rediworks) or Workspeed, preferred
- Maintain professional appearance and in proper uniform
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, i.e., socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.,
Essential Physical Abilities: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Day Porter.
- Frequent stooping, frequent pushing/pulling, constant walking, and occasionally lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR for superior energy performance, BOMA s Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Award and CEL s National Real Estate A List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we're all about - join us today!
Continuum Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testingJob Requirements:
Associated topics: administrative coordinator, administrative secretary, front desk, human resources, mail room, office, office assistant, receptionist, secretary, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...